Transforaminal endoscopic discectomy is the latest technique for minimally invasive disc surgery.
1. In this, the disc is directly approached via the neuroforamina without needing to remove any muscle, bone or ligament and without nerve retraction.
2. It reduces the approach related morbidity of the traditional interlaminar techniques of disc surgery.
3. It can be done without the need of general anaesthesia.
4. Less than one cm. incision (Key hole surgery)
5. No much of neural tissue handling so no risk of neural damage
6. Neuromonitoring as the patient is awake.
7. Early recovery and restoration of function.